LSL steering damper with housing clamp and parts certificate
Regularly, the designers of particularly sporty motorcycles with extremely low weight and extreme steering head angles act violently influence of shimmy (handlebar flutter) and kick-back (handlebar slap) – phenomena that affect driving pleasure and safety.
In order to get these influences under control, the steering damper is used in racing. LSL offers this instrument for use on the road.
Your motorcycle can be moved more stable, fatigue-free and safer with a steering damper kit from LSL.
The steering damper kits can be used on public roads or the race track.
– Suppresses handlebar flutter (shimmy effect) and handlebar slap (kick-back) when driving through transverse grooves and lanes
– Design of the damper rate adapted to road traffic, drivable even in city traffic in the hardest stage
– Optimal response due to a low breakaway torque
– Ball joints for mounting with M8 screws
– No more strong turn-in, when driven slowly curves with payload.
– Minimizing the unrest transmitted from the driver into the handlebars.
– Minimize disturbance from rutting on highways, country roads and during severe lean angle changes.
– The front wheel is noticeably stabilized.
– Less fatigue on long distances or with a sporty driving style.
– More safety through permanently higher driving stability.
– Housing clamp made of high quality aluminum, CNC milled.
– Noble LSL Design.
– With parts certificate.
– Stroke: 120mm
– Total length: 365mm
– Damper rod: oxynitride coated, Ø 10mm, with 8mm ball head
– Damper housing: Ø 23mm, aluminum
– Housing clamp: CNC machined with 8mm ball head, distance center damper to center ball head 30mm
– 7 damper settings adjustable via knurled knob at end of damper
Scope of delivery:
– Steering damper including. Housing clamp and mounting bush
– Installation instructions for the basic use of the steering damper
– Parts certificate
– The installation is particularly demanding and should only be carried out by qualified mechanics!
– This steering damper is universally applicable. The parts report serves as an accompanying document for the appraisal according to §19.2/§21 StVZO for presentation to an officially recognised test centre or a technical service (individual acceptance).
– For vehicles listed in the expert opinion, we offer vehicle-specific steering damper kits. You can find the right kit for your vehicle via the Bikefinder.
– Matching standpipe clamps, in all required diameters, can be found in this category.
Please note that the actual appearance of the steering damper may differ from the example pictures due to the different mounting.